This afternoon, my Aunt called me to ask what time she should be here Saturday for our annual Fourth of July barbecue. I’ve been getting ready for this weekend this whole week trying to plan and prepare easy foods that I know the whole family will love.
The key is making sure that making these foods doesn’t take up a lot of my time because we just started summer vacation here in New York City and the last thing I want to do is spend a lot of time in the hot kitchen.
The kids usually spend the entire day running around with the water guns and throwing water balloons at each other so they often don’t even stop to grab a bite to eat. However, as soon as they see dessert come out, they flock to it like bees to honey.
I’ve come up with some fun dessert ideas to celebrate Independence Day this year and one of them is for Fourth of July No Bake Cookie Dough Balls. I’m pretty sure all the kids are going to love them because they are easy to carry around and eat while they are running around with all their cousins.
Here is the recipe so you can make some for the little and big kids in your family:
Fourth Of July No Bake Cookie Dough Balls
- 2 Cups flour
- 6 Teaspoons of softened butter
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 Cup of sugar
- 2/3 Cup of brown sugar
- Red and blue sprinkles
- 1 Cup of Red and blue candy covered chocolate candies
- In a medium sized bowl add 1 ½ Cup of flour, butter, vanilla, salt, and sugar into it and stir until all is combined.
- Add in last ½ Cup of flour and stir in with a wooden spoon.
- Add in candy covered chocolate candies and then refrigerate dough for 1 hr.
- After 1 hour take dough out and make it into balls.
- Dip cookie dough balls into sprinkles and that’s it!
Let’s Discuss: What are some of your favorite Fourth of July treats to enjoy with your loved ones?
© 2015, Tough Cookie Mommy. All rights reserved.