*Disclosure: This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Dollar Tree. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
Around our home, Memorial Day weekend is a special time because it signals the beginning of the Summer. More importantly, however, it is the day for remembering the men and women who died serving in the Armed Forces for the United States. My brother and husband both served in the Army and my Sister in Law is currently serving proudly in the Navy and we are very serious about commemorating our fallen soldiers.
Most people like to hold family gatherings and barbeques on Memorial Day because it is a long holiday weekend and many are off from work. Dollar Tree has everything that you need to plan and host your Memorial day gatherings. They have a full selection of themed patriotic holiday supplies to put all of your guests into the holiday spirit. The best part is that everything they offer is just $1! That price is definitely music to my ears because I love saving as much money as possible when I plan events while making sure that everyone at my party has a great time.
Here are some of my tips for planning the perfect Memorial Day Outdoor Party:
- Choose a theme for your party decorations. Since Memorial Day is about remembering fallen veterans, a theme featuring the American Flag is perfect for an outdoor event.
- Since the party is outdoors, it is important to have the perfect lighting even when the sun goes down in the evening. Installing some solar garden lights with stakes around your yard will ensure the perfect lighting that won’t put a dent in your utility bill.
- Using paper plates, plastic cups and cutlery are more convenient when hosting an outdoor party because guests like to be able to eat and munch whenever they want to and simply dispose of everything afterwards. This will also help you from having to clean a mountain of dishes after your party!
- It’s important to keep the kids entertained during outdoor parties. Having activities planned for them to engage in makes for a great time. Some fun kids’ games to enjoy outdoors include backyard water games, Badminton, Hopscotch, and racing games.
- Being able to spend time and talk to your guests is the highlight of having an outdoor party so make sure that there are plenty of snacks that everyone can enjoy while engaging in some great conversation.
Spending time with your friends and loved ones on Memorial Day weekend can signal the beginning of a wonderful summer season. Dollar Tree has everything that you will need and is the largest single price point retailer searching the world for the stuff you want. It all sells for $1 or less! With prices and a selection like that, the possibilities for your Memorial Day party are endless!
Let’s Discuss: What is your favorite way to spend Memorial Day outdoors with your family and friends?
Disclosure: This is part of a compensated campaign with Dollar Tree. However, all opinions expressed are my own. I only recommend products or services I use personally and I believe will be “family friendly.” I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
© 2014, Tough Cookie Mommy. All rights reserved.