As a native of the Bronx, I have always supported local businesses that are concerned with joining our community and improving it with their presence. I am pleased to announce that Aaron’s Inc. will be opening their 2000th store right here in our borough! They bring with them a tradition of being a family and community oriented company.
Aaron’s specializes in providing their customers with retail consumer electronics, computers, residential furniture, household appliances and accessories. In essence, they provide many items to cater to every family’s needs in one place! Their new store will be located at 3254 White Plains Road and will join a thriving shopping area within the White Plains Shopping strip.
Local shoppers can now enjoy Aaron’s affordable payment plans which are extremely important for some families in light of the current economic situation. This is true not only across the country but especially throughout this borough and many of the outer boroughs of New York City. Aaron’s customers are guaranteed a low price on all of their items, flexible credit plans, and the ability to choose your own payment terms.
Aaron’s cares about the community so they are adopting the Parkside Community Center. Through their Community Outreach Program, they will be transforming the Community Center by providing brand new computer equipment along with an exciting new facelift. This will be of huge benefit to the community at large.
The celebration will begin the week of 9/24 when the Aaron’s roving street team will be canvassing the Bronx and Fordham neighborhoods giving away prize packs including gift cards to the new store. On Thursday, 9/27, Aaron’s mascot, Lucky Dog, will be in Times Square and on the LG Jumbotron giving away miniature stuffed Lucky Dogs, prize packs, and gift cards to passers by.
To celebrate their grand opening and to reach out to the community, Aaron’s is hosting a 2 day grand opening event! This event is scheduled for September 28th and September 29th, 2012. Throughout the weekend, a total of 19 door prizes will be given away including a 73″ TV!
HERE IS THE EXCITING WEEKEND EVENT SCHEDULE:
Friday, 9/28 – Grand Opening Event
- Rosewood Drive (Aaron’s Bronx store is on the corner) will be closedand exciting booths will be open including electronic and appliance manufacturers demonstrating their latest technology and products.
- Aaron’s will be serving breakfast pastries from the legendary Bronx bakery, Artuso Pastries.
- Product Techs from our manufacturers will be in the store to answer detailed questions about our products and demonstrate all of the latest product features.
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony: (tent if inclement weather)
Ceremony Agenda Includes:
11:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Ribbon cutting by Aaron’s Executives 11:15 a.m. -11:30 a.m. Babe Ruth Portrait (painted by the world famous portrait artist Rossin) Dedication by Joe Torre accepted by the Baseball Hall of Fame.
- 2000th Store Cake Cutting. (Artuso Pastries Cake)
- Rossin will be on-hand to autograph mini postcard replicas of the
painting for the community.
- Noon: Customer Appreciation Lunch – catered by Brisas Del CaribeRestaurant
- Door Prize Drawings throughout the day.
- 3pm: Johhny Mambo Salsa Band, on Aaron’s Event Stage forEntertainment, Dancing and Prize Giveaways.
Saturday, 9/29 – Grand Opening Event Continues with Day 2.
- Breakfast for the Customers catered by Empire Bagel (local Bronxrestaurant)
- Manufacturer’s Representatives to be in-store to Help DemonstrateProducts.
- Aaron’s 2000th Store Kid’s Carnival:
o Carnival Games
o Face Painting
o Visit with the Lucky Dog Mascot who will have Aaron’s prize packs.
o Magic Show by professional Magician
o Popcorn and Cotton Candy Carts (free) o Balloon Twister
- Alex Sensation from Mega 97.9 to be on-site broadcasting live with concert ticket giveaways.
- Food Truck on site for easy and fun lunch.
On-going entertainment with promotional give-aways on the
Aaron’s stage in front of the store.
Be sure to visit the Aaron’s website to see their full line of products. You can also like them on Facebook to learn about new products, campaigns, or promotions. They would love to add you to their “community.”
Disclosure: This sponsored post was written as part of a blogging program through Aaron’s Inc. Any statements made in this post are the author’s honest opinions. I only recommend products or services I use personally and I believe will be “family friendly.” I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
© 2012, Tough Cookie Mommy. All rights reserved.