In just two short weeks, our summer came to an abrupt end and this family is now back to keeping up with busy schedules, school, work, homework, and everything else that you guys could imagine. The toughest thing to do after working all day long is to prepare a hearty meal for your family. I am constantly fighting the good fight between being exhausted from the work day and wanting to make a delicious dinner for my husband and my sons.
Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ take the guesswork out of planning and preparing dinner and certainly give you a head start to a home cooked meal. These cooking sauces are available in five flavorful varieties that you can use as starters to create home cooked meals for your family. Many of these recipes are classic family favorites, such as Bacon Mac n’ Cheese, Chicken Pot Pie and Chicken Parmesan, and utilize ingredients your family may already have on-hand.
These sauces were directly inspired by the five “Mother” sauces that are derived from classical French cooking. They contain a variety of ingredients and classical culinary techniques to make sure that you have many delectable choices to help you solve your daily dinner dilemma. The five varieties are:
- Creamy Parmesan Basil: This creamy, full-bodied and indulgent sauce that was inspired by alfredo and creamy pesto sauces can be used to make dishes such as Crispy Garlic-Parmesan Chicken, Creamy Chicken Alfredo, Basil Chicken Ravioli Carbonara and Basil Chicken Thai Noodle
- Creamy Roasted Garlic with Chicken Stock: With caramelized, roasted chicken broth, garlic and a touch of cream, this stock is perfect for dishes such as Creamy Lemon Chicken, Chicken Pot Pie and Chicken Enchiladas
- Fire Roasted Tomato: A medium-thick tomato sauce, accompanied by flavors of roasted, caramelized tomatoes, oregano and bell peppers, which can be used as a great way to begin creating Pulled Chicken Sandwiches, Easy Weeknight Chicken Parmesan, Cheese-stuffed Mini Meat Loaves and Mole Tacos
- Creamy Portabella Mushroom: Creamy and highly indulgent, this smooth sauce is rich with sautéed Portabella mushrooms, giving you any easy way to start delicious dishes like Easy Weeknight Beef Stroganoff, Steak and Mushroom Sandwich and Tetrazzini
- Creamy Three Cheese: Rich and creamy with a blend of yellow and white cheeses, and a savory background of chicken stock, onion, garlic and cracked pepper, this is a great way to satisfy cheese lovers with Easy Weeknight Bacon Mac & Cheese, Twice-Baked Potato Pizza and Cheesy Egg Breakfast Tacos
Right now, you can download a printable coupon for $.65 off the purchase of 1 can of Progresso® Recipe Starters Cooking Sauce. Make sure you visit Progresso® on Facebook too for other yummy dinner recipes and tips.
Progresso would like to give a prize pack containing two cans of Progresso Recipe Starters, $10 Gift Card to purchase your recipe ingredients, Progresso Recipe Starters recipe book, including 5 recipes to get you started, Baking dish, Measuring Cups, and Sauce Scraper!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Product Review/Giveaway disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above from Progresso® and MyBlogSpark to test/review in exchange for my opinion and for the purpose of writing this post. I only recommend products or services I use personally and I believe will be “family friendly.” I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
© 2012, Tough Cookie Mommy. All rights reserved.